Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Welcome to the Library Ideas Blog!

Welcome to the Library Ideas Blog. This blog will provide some sound and creative ideas to try for public services librarians in academic libraries. Other libraries may find ideas that will be useful, but the main audience for these ideas will be adult learners.

Photo Credit: Vince Tomlinson (thanks, Dad!)
My name is Katy Kavanagh Webb, and I am the Head of Research and Instructional Services at Joyner Library, East Carolina University. I was formerly the Instructional Design Librarian at Joyner. I have in-depth knowledge of graphic design and how to create tutorials. I am a maker in the sense that I love a project and that I consider myself to be creative. I have lots of experience in events planning, having served as the Musical Director for the Madison Area Music Awards (MAMA) and the Events Planning Chair for WORT 89.9 FM in Madison, WI. For this reason, I think that I will be uniquely positioned to offer you ideas to try at your institution.

Some of the ideas I present will be tried and tested at our institution or others. Some may just be ideas that I have had that I want to share but have not had a place to do so. Yet others will be things I am thinking about right now and would like to try out. Enjoy reading and email me if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment